Dr. Tom's Graduation

My brother-in-law, Tom, graduated from the UT dental program in San Antonio. I was glad we got to go to the ceremony, followed by a private dinner party at Papasito's with them, since they moved back to Utah to stay with his sister's family the following week while planning their final move to Seatlle. It was a bit disappointing that they moved away from San Antonio just as we finally moved closer to them in Austin.

Keith couldn't come since he was tasking advantage of a free plane ticket to San Diego for a P.A. convention and spending the weekend with his brother and dad.

It was a long day, but well worth it. Avery definitely enjoys any time with her cousins, Aunt Angela and Uncle Scott, and my parents, Papa and Nana.

I always thought it was hard getting a decent family picture with Avery and Addie both looking at the camera and smiling. I had no idea how easy I had it until watching this family photo session:

And take note of my mismatched brown flip flops- I was in such a hurry to get the kids out of the car and not slow down everyone getting inside, that I didn't even notice until halfway through the ceremony that I had forgotten to change into my black wedges before getting out of the car. Oh, the little things you appreciate about your husbands when their not around- one of them being the privilege to keep up with your own personal grooming and not just the kids' appearances!
Without Keith around, I was definitely glad Papa willingly took sole responsibility of Addie during the ceremony and photo-taking aftermath:

Avery made a few attempts to girlie pout Angela into giving up Tom's congrats bouquet:When the flower attempts failed, she moved on to wooing her cousins for some of their noise makers:


And once she succeeded, she held on tight to the noise makers the entire rest of the trip including the car ride home:
Her cousin, Payden, refused to cooperate in the family photo session, but at the restaurant, she was posing like she'd been born taking modelling lessons:

A bittersweet goodbye hug from her oldest cousin Shelby:

And of course, dear Aunt Rachel. With her having two older girls on top of a girl Avery's age and a boy Addie's age, I was definitely glad to have one more time to have our usuall chit chats-sharing the joys and pains of motherhood while our children run wild in the background:


















No comments: