Avery's Birthday

We didn't do much on Avery's actual birthday since we had a party planned for the weekend, but I did let Avery help me make birthday brownies since her latest favorite thing to do is help me cook and bake. (She did kind of get the raw end of the deal on her birthday brownies since it was one of my wheat-free, dairy-free mixes that doesn't taste nearly as great, but at least, with all my food intolerances, I can enjoy as well).
I also gave her a birthday hat to wear earlier in the day, and she insisted on keeping it on all day, even when we went into Toys-R-Us to do some shopping for the upcoming party: Luckily for Keith, I forgot to buy the candles, so he finally got an excuse to run to the store on his motorcycle- the first time he'd gotten a chance to ride it since finishing his riding lessons:


And Addie, as usual, was perfectly content sitting in her swing- as long as there's action to watch, she's happy:
As I suspected, her favorite gift was a set of Polly Pocket dolls and toys that I found for $10 at a childrens' thrift store: The only mistake was giving then to her so late in the day. She went to bed at her normal time, but insisted on bringing the dolls, and played with them in her room until almost midnight before finally giving in and crashing for the night:









No comments: